In a few words , we have to study physics :
- Because it’s a part of understanding our world.
- To understand the laws of nature and how nature affects human action.
- Because we are curious, and there are too many questions that we can’t answer without it.
- Physics is about asking fundamental questions and trying to answer them by observing and experimenting.
The answers above are given by high school students , who enjoy the quest to learn physics.
Physics is challenging.
Physics teaches students how to think , is the science that attracts many great minds the last 400 years.
Physics is interesting.
All of the technological devices that people use on a regular basis like smartphones , tablets , computers , MP3 players rely on the principles of physics. Without physics there would be no space rockets , light bulbs , solar panels , fiber optic and many many more devices that make our civilazation advanced .
At night we can look up at the stars . We may have never though that very few fundamental laws – a remarkable fact – are required to describe the enormous range of physical phenomena that take place throughout the universe.
Mathematics applied to physics .
The rules that apply to any object that is part of the universe , are what we mean by fundamental physics.
Physics is useful.
Physics is a light that can eliminate ignorance , the dark ages of human history .
Medicine has developed thanks to the use of medical equipment such as X-ray devices, laser-ray devices, ultrasound scanners, CT scanners, MRI scanners. Devices that physical science has created .
Physics is the science that help humanity enter the industrial age , without machines we wouldn’t have achived mass production . The age of information in our days would not be possible with out microprocessors , an essential part of computers . Physics is our only hope to solve the world’s energy problems.
People in their large majority don’t know that physics is the science that created the scientific method :
- Ask a question.
- Formulate a hypothesis.
- Design a procedure to test the hypothesis.
- Conduct the experiment and collect the data.
- Analyze the data.
- Use the data to make a conclusion.
- If necessary, refine the question and go through each step again.
The physicists are the first scientists who conducted scientific conferences.